Executing e-commerce successfully isn't easy: 69% of users abandon their shopping carts before checking out, according to Baymard Institute, a UK-based web usability research organization. But the good news is that many of the problems with e-commerce are solvable with changes to the design.
There are many factors in designing great e-commerce experiences. We can guide you on how to capture someone’s attention and present your goods and services in an optimal way. If you want customers who are committed, you’ll have to tell engaging stories and know how to build a long-term relationship.
You will need to apply human psychology and best practices. Try to understand how your customers think, you can design for their needs.
We will guide you with the following key points on your eCommerce website;
- The subconscious mind - The customer of design
- Social validation
- How to design to grab attention
- Bring social choices and beyond
- All about the users, gaining commitment
- Two-way solid communication
- Building similarity and then make them afraid to lose
- Telling a beautiful story
- Integrity matters, long-term relationship building
- Sociability and going viral
- Make them come back
Any project you may like to discuss?
We love the brainstorming session’s so much, we really like to discuss your requirements...